- establish an exclusive base for regular clients who are committed to WVS;
- give priority to these regular riders;
- develop a stronger relationship with clients and recognise their abilities, so enabling us to offer a more effective service
If horses were machines, we could book them 24 hours a day – but they’re not, so we don’t! We pride ourselves on very high standards of care and management, and our main priority is to keep our horses happy and content. That’s why we strictly limit the number of hours that they are exercised each day, and why we can only accept a limited number of Members.
All Members benefit from special rates on all rides and lessons as well as priority bookings. Members are also able to participate in a number of activities that we organise – these are all featured on our What’s On at WVS page and details are e-mailed regularly. Each year we hold a Charity Ball, a Summer Horse Show, a Members’ Show, an Annual Sponsored Ride, a Pub Quiz and an Awards Party. We also organise dressage and jumping competitions, free lectures on stable management and horse care, and informative free lecture demos. Wimbledon Village Stables is a fun and sociable Club where you can be sure you will enjoy spending time with like-minded people.
If you are interested in becoming a Member, you can check availability by either calling 020 8946 8579 during our office hours (Monday 10.00 to 12.00 and Tuesday to Sunday 08.45 to 12.30 and 13.45 to 15.00) or completing the Membership Enquiry Form.
Silver Members ride at off-peak times, i.e. Tuesday to Friday at 09.00, 10.15, 11.30 or 14.00.
In both cases a one-hour group ride or lesson every week is included in the Monthly Subscription. Any additional rides you wish to book will be subject to the special Members’ rates.
We regret that we are unable to accommodate beginners and inexperienced riders at weekends. We recommend beginners take at least two lessons on our Horse Simulator in order to learn the basics of riding including rising trot. Once this has been achieved we are able to offer Private Memberships which are £285 pcm and include a one hour private lesson every week.
We ask every potential Member to come for an assessment lesson so that we can see how well you ride and discuss with you the different riding times which are available for riders of your ability. This means we can recommend the horses most suitable for you and suggest the types of lessons or hacks that we believe you will enjoy.
There is a one-off joining fee equivalent to one month’s Membership for all classes of Membership. The joining fee represents a commitment from you and assists with the administration costs involved with the Membership Scheme. The joining fee is non-refundable.
Membership subscriptions are to be paid monthly in advance by internet banking, or credit/debit card. Payments should be set up to start on the first of the month. If you join in the middle of the month, any lessons or rides taken prior to the start date are paid for separately. If you pay annually, you benefit from having one month FREE!
Yes, but we do prefer to know in advance if you would like to hack or take part in a lesson so that we can effectively allocate both instructors and horses and keep the groups small. However, if you do change your mind on the day, we will do our best to accommodate you.
Yes, if you are a Gold or Silver Member there is an additional charge of £20 if you’d like your weekly ride to be a private ride or lesson (subject to availability).
First, please inform us immediately, even if it is at the last minute, if you are unable to attend so that your slot may be offered to another Member if appropriate. If we receive a minimum of 24 hours’ notice, we will always do our best (but cannot promise as this is subject to availability) to find a replacement ride within five days of the cancelled lesson. Please note, it is not possible to refund, accrue or offset the value of missed lessons against another service, nor is membership transferable to another person.
No, you can choose to ride whenever you want to. The membership scheme ensures that a horse is available for you every week if you want to ride. Please just remember to let us know if you are not able to come.
We know it’s impossible to attend every week, which is why we have built substantial discounts into our monthly charges. As an example, our Silver Members over one year pay £2,340. A Non-Member could only have 33 one hour rides in a year for the same price. Therefore a Silver Member can miss 20 rides in a year and still pay less than a non-member! If you pay annually, the saving is even greater. (Please note you do not need to commit to one year, as the minimum membership period is three months.)
And don’t forget, membership brings with it a host of other benefits, such as the events we offer our members: free horse care lectures, dressage demos and our wonderful social events.
If you’d like to book extra rides, you can take advantage of the reduced rates offered to our Members. Another option taken by several of our Members who are able to ride more than once a week is to take either a ‘Double Gold Membership’ or a ‘Double Silver Membership’ or ‘Double Private Membership’, for which they pay only one joining fee but twice the monthly subscription. If you would like to ride more than twice a week, we would be happy to work out a special rate for you.
You don’t have to ride every week if you are a Gold or Silver Member but at least you know there is always a horse waiting for you if you do and don’t forget all the other Members’ perks. Alternatively you could become an Associate Member. This way you have the convenience of being able to make priority bookings (and be to of the waiting list for weekend bookings) and take advantage of the reduced prices available to Members and you can also take advantage of all the other benefits that Membership brings such as free educational workshops and social events.
All Memberships include a free 15 minute Practice session on the Equine Simulator every month. You will need to log on to the Equicise booking site and create an account, unless you already have one. Once you have registered, you will receive an email confirming that the FREE session has been added to your account. You can then make the booking on line by selecting the MEMBERS’ PRACTICE option. If you need any help with logging in or setting up your account, please do not hesitate to contact the office.
All memberships run from the first of the month and we require one full month’s notice in writing if you wish to terminate your membership, i.e. we must be informed by the first of the month if you want to cancel the following month. It is the Member’s responsibility to instruct his/her bank to terminate the monthly standing order after the last payment. No refund of payments will be due. If at any point in the future you wish to rejoin then you will have to pay the joining fee again. In extenuating circumstances, and at the discretion of Wimbledon Village Stables, a client may be able to suspend their membership if the period of suspension exceeds four calendar months.
- I understand that riding at any standard has inherent risk and that all horses may react unpredictably on occasions.
- I may fall off and could be injured. I accept that risk.
- I understand that instructions are given for my safety and I agree to follow instructions given to me by staff and instructors at the riding school.
- I reserve the right not to ride a horse allocated to me and may request a change of instructor.
- I understand that wearing an appropriate riding hat and body protector may reduce the severity of an injury should an accident happen and agree that I will always wear a riding hat that meets current British Standard whilst riding, leading and grooming horses at the riding school. I understand it is my choice whether or not to wear a body protector.
- I understand that the riding school will make decisions based on the information I give them and agree to always be honest and volunteer information about:
a. My abilities and riding experience
b. Any previous riding accidents
c. Any medical condition(s) which may affect my ability to ride
- I understand that children are at particular risk around horses and agree that I will keep children that I am responsible for, under close supervision when they are not being instructed by the riding school.
- I understand that the riding school may refuse my request to ride for safety or operational reasons.
- I understand that competing carries enhanced risk over and above the general riding and agree that if I choose to participate in any competition or event, it is up to me to ensure that I have the experience and ability to ride the course including any jumps which may form part of it. If I am in any doubt, I will use my judgement and experience and not enter.